ao link
Filter content by area of interest
Handling Equipment/Systems
Ports & Terminals
Transport & Distribution
Materials & Commodities
Storage
Processing
ICT & Telecoms
Civil Engineering
Mining
Environment
Safety & Security
Business
 View all Topics View all Topics A-Z
More View all Topics View all Topics A-Z

You are viewing this article with our compliments. 


register  or  login  to manage your newsletter preferences and to prevent this message from appearing.

Cargotec/JCE form dry bulk JV

Cargotec is effectively to divest its Siwertell business, as it forms a new joint venture with JCE Invest AB.

Linked InTwitterFacebookeCard
On 9 May, the two companies established the Bruks Siwertell Group joint venture, specialised in dry bulk handling. The new entity will own Siwertell AB, previously part of Kalmar Business Area within Cargotec, and Bruks Holding AB, previously part of JCE Group.

Cargotec will own 48% of the shares in Bruks Siwertell Group, and JCE Invest AB will own the remaining 52%.

“This joint venture supports Cargotec’s strategy to focus on container ports, heavy industrial segment and logistics,” said Antti Kaunonen, president of Kalmar. “Siwertell’s business is outside these core focus areas, with different customers, customer locations and limited synergies with the rest of our businesses. By joining forces with JCE Group, we are able to create a company that will be a significant player in the bulk materials handling, with a globally competitive and specialised product portfolio.”

Per Karlsson, managing director of Siwertell, commented: “This is a true partnership between two strong brands, Siwertell and Bruks, as they complement each other very well, both in terms of product portfolio and market coverage. Siwertell will benefit from Bruks’s strong position in the US market, whereas Bruks will gain access to Siwertell’s Asian network, knowledge and exposure. Together we will be a full line supplier for almost all types of bulk materials.”

Peter Jonsson, CEO of Bruks, said: “Together, Bruks and Siwertell will have a strong position in the dry bulk handling industry and attractive growth opportunities in new markets and customer segments including biomass, bioenergy and biofuels industries. This cooperation will add customers, competence, additional knowledge, capabilities and products to support the future growth of the new company.”

In 2017, Siwertell generated total revenues of SEK582M (US$67.2M), and it employs 114 people in Bjuv, Sweden. In 2017, Bruks generated total revenues of SEK707M, and it employs 246 employees in Sweden, USA, Germany and Lithuania.

 

Linked InTwitterFacebookeCard

You may also like these related articles...

BAMIN wins bid to operate FIOL railway in Brazil

Bedeschi begins new cement project in Poland

Bulk transhipper breaks size record in UAE

Telestack and Cooper SH team up in Britain

Glencore divests Mopani Copper Mines in Zambia

SmartTEH turns its attention to dry bulk

Linked In
Twitter